Montgomery County - Get to Know CVCA Doctors, Team Leaders and Support Staff
Getting to Know CVCA - Montgomery County Locations
Since 2005, CVCA Cardiac Care for Pets has been a staple in Montgomery County. CVCA is located:
- inside of Veterinary Referral Associates in Gaithersburg, MD
- inside of BluePearl Veterinary Partners (currently known as Hope Advanced Veterinary Center) in Rockville, MD.
CVCA’s teams are committed to providing the best client service, experience and the highest level of patient care for each and every patient. Today, we are proud to have multiple doctors in Montgomery County, with a combined experience of over 40+ years.
Dr. Tim Cain is a fixture in Montgomery County. He has a great bedside manner. And, did you know Dr. Cain is a father to triplets in college! Managing three kids, all the same age, Dr. Cain can handle anything thrown at him. His cardiology interests include feline cardiomyopathy and long-term follow-up of patients with chronic heart disease.
- Kimberly, our Team Leader, used to be in the Army and likes to keep the office in order and running smoothly. She takes great pride in her team.
- Denise, our veterinary assistant, has been working in the veterinary industry for more than 10+ years. She is an avid animal lover with two guinea pigs, a Holland lop bunny and plans on adding a puppy in this Spring.
- Sarah, our RVT, started in the veterinary industry during high school volunteering at an area general practice. As a child, she had 3 box turtles, 1 cat, and 1 rabbit. Today, her love of animals continues with 3 cats.
- Cheryl, one of our Vet Assistant, has been in the veterinary field for well over 8 years, enjoys volunteering at an animal shelter and spending time with her two dogs.
- Samantha, a Vet Assistant, is a Gaithersburg native. She has been in the veterinary industry for 10 years. And when she is not busy at work, she has 4 Bengals to keep her busy at home.
Dr. Kristin Jacob has been a staple in our Maryland offices since 2005. She has a set of twin teen boys, so she is constantly busy. She has had several articles published in scientific journals and her cardiology interests include pacemaker therapy, medical therapy for congestive heart failure and feline cardiomyopathies.
Dr. Mike Hickey is a Maryland native and joined the CVCA family in 2009. He has two children that keep him on his toes. And, when he isn’t working on the offices, you might find him on the CVCA CE lecture circuit. He does many doctor and technician lectures.
- Samantha, an RVT and Team Leader, has been working in the veterinary field for 20+ years. She is a huge animal lover with 2 cats, 3 dogs, and has a community fish tank. And she fosters dogs as well. Samantha is the founder and current Vice President of the Maryland Veterinary Technician group.
- Jennifer has been in the veterinary field since 2003 and has 2 dogs, 24 chickens, and a miniature donkey. She enjoys hiking with her dogs, cooking and reading books. She is a survivor of Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and an active fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- Caitlin is a native of Rockville, MD. She’s been in the veterinary industry since 2006. She has 3 dogs and a cat. She enjoys hiking and traveling with her husband.
- Lisa, an LVT, has been working in the veterinary industry for 20 years before joining CVCA.
We look forward to continuing to work with you and your clients. Let us know if you have any questions!
NEW 2018 Client Materials